Court House Monument
The Court House Monument was built in 1934 by inmates of the Green Bay Reformatory. Col. John Hannon and Dr. Joseph Schafer delivered the memorial address while the Reformatory Band and West De Pere High School Band played. This monument marks the site of the first court house in 1825. The grey granite it is constructed of was quarried by inmates at Antigo, WI. Space was left behind cornerstone to place a box to be used as a time capsule.