Fur Trader’s Cabin

The building was constructed around 1800. The building was found inside of a house that was being torn down in order to construct the Tilleman Bridge. The building is constructed in the French style of piece-on-piece, meaning one log upon the other. Grooved upright logs are set in the ground at the corners, doors, and windows. The horizontal logs are cut to fit and placed on top of each other in the grooves. Cracks are chinked to give it a tight fit.

Building Facts

Original Build Date Circa 1800
Original Location 739 Adams St
Construction Style Piece’ sur piece’ en coulisse (Piece on piece in slide)
Original Owner Unknown
Moved to Heritage Hill 1975