At Heritage Hill, we think scouts are super! Join us for one of our scheduled scout workshops throughout the year – new workshops are added regularly so check back often!
Scouting Workshop Facts
A good scout is always prepared. Here’s what you need to know about scouting workshops at Heritage Hill.
- Scouts and chaperones cost $15 each. This includes your scouting workshop and park admission for the whole day!
- Registration and payment are required in advance. Cancellations can be made up to 7 days before the event for a full refund. Cancellations within 7 days of the event and no-shows to the event are not eligible for a refund. Space is limited.
- If attending as a troop, we require 1 adult for every 15 students.
- Memberships and passes are not valid for scout programs.
- You may spend time outside during your scout workshop. Our programs run rain or shine so come dressed for the weather!
- Heritage Hill’s buildings and pathways are wheelchair accessible but please be aware that we are on a hill and weather can make conditions slippery.
- If you have any questions regarding educational programming at Heritage Hill or want to schedule a private scouting workshop for your troop, please contact Claire E. Gwaltney, Director of Engagement and Visitor Services at email@example.com or 920-448-5150 ext. 201.
Upcoming Scout Workshops
Girl Scouts Brownie Outdoor Adventure
October 14, 2023, 10 am – 11:30 am
Are you feeling competitive? Learn about and play historic games played by children in the 17th- 20th centuries and make a historic toy to take home!
Bear Scout Marble Madness Adventure
October 14, 2023, 12:30 pm – 2 pm
Learn about the history of marbles, play different marble games, and make your own marbles to take home! Then play other historic games and compare them with those of today.
Girl Scouts Daisy Good Neighbor
November 11, 2023, 10 am – 11:30 am
Explore what it was like to be part of Wisconsin communities in the past and compare it with the communities you are part of today! Experience schools and towns from long ago and learn what makes our state special!
Bear Scouts Paws for Action and Duty to Country
November 11, 2023, 12:30 pm – 2 pm
Learn about military life in the 1800s and famous Americans with Wisconsin ties, all while exploring historic Fort Howard. Write thank you letters to modern-day servicemembers and make a memory to take home of your day at Heritage Hill!
Girl Scouts Junior Playing the Past
February 10, 2024, 10 am – 11:30 am
Experience how girls of the past lived, worked, and played. You’ll explore daily life, have some old-fashioned fun, and create your own memories that will go down in history!
BSA Tiger-iffic Adventure
February 10, 2024, 12:30 pm – 2 pm
Go on a Tiger Adventure as you learn about and play historic games on your own and as part of a team. Then make an old-fashioned game or toy to take home!
Girl Scouts Senior Textile Artist
March 9, 2024, 10 am – 11:30 am
Create a textile masterpiece as we learn about making rag rugs, using a loom, knitting, and more at Heritage Hill. You’ll learn the basics of one of these fabric crafts and go home with something for everyday use.
BSA Textile Merit Badge
March 9, 2024, 12:30 pm – 2 pm
Learn the importance of textiles as you compare natural and synthetic fabrics, watch weavers in action, and then weave something of your own to take home.
Girl Scouts Daisy Eco Learner
April 13, 2024, 10 am – 11:30 am
What do you love about nature the most? Daisies will learn about the importance of protecting nature and take a closer look at what there is to discover in the great outdoors!
BSA My Tiger Jungle Adventure
April 13, 2024, 12:30 pm – 2pm
Take a walk outside and discover nature’s secrets at Heritage Hill! Then do something kind for the outdoors and leave the park better than when you found it.
Are you working on an Eagle Scout Project or Girl Scout Gold Award that relates to history? Can Heritage Hill help? If so, contact Claire E. Gwaltney, Director of Engagement and Visitor Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-448-5150 ext. 201.